It was a high counsel that I once heard given to a young person, "Always do what you are afraid to do."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ralph Waldo Emerson
A couple of days ago i decided to sit down and write my bucket list, 100 things to do before i die. I know its a little premature, i am only 22 but i thought i want to do things in my life, i want to say i pushed myself into doing crazy things, to say i had adventure, to say i lived! I thought about the places i wanted to go, people i wanted to see, things i wanted to experience and what i wanted my life to look like. Things like 'Going skydiving', 'Having a mud fight' and 'Taking a holiday without baggage' (I know seems impossible to go on a holiday without a straightener and a makeup bag!)... I wrote down all the things I've always wanted to do, but was to scared to do because it was either silly or because I'm a bit of a wimp. The feeling of accomplishment when you do something you are afraid of doing is simply amazing (well thats after some of us have calmed down, because we worked ourselves up a little to much). So i challenge you... Write a goal to do something your scared to do, who knows you may surprise yourself! Fear is healthy, but so is overcoming it!

I really like the idea of going on holidays without any baggage, cause of all that shopping unless your in Thailand where all the shop owners say "sorry we don't do large sizes" oops.
ReplyDelete